Our 16th Annual Wine, Kibbles & Bids benefit for animals was a huge success, raising a net profit of $69,129!
THANK YOU to all who participated in this important fundraiser to benefit local animals in need!
2017 EVENT RECAP:
On May 5th, approximately 300 supporters gathered together at the College of St. Benedict Gorecki Center with one common goal: to raise funds for local animals in need. The results were incredible!
We pride ourselves in being extremely conscious of each and every dollar we spend so that the vast majority of donations received goes towards the animals that depend on us. We are pleased to announce that the 16th Annual Wine, Kibbles & Bids benefit for animals brought in (drum roll please..............) $75,608! We are even more pleased to share that our expenses were a minimal $6,478 - only 8.6% of our event income. Our net profit is currently at $69,129, and we are told there is still a $7,000 matching grant on the way!
Along with our generous event sponsors who we are honored to list below, one person in particular deserves special recognition. Bill Nelson, a member of the TCHS Board of Directors and an avid spay/neuter advocate, wowed us this year by presenting $28,250 (plus the $7,000 match still to come) that he personally solicited and raised for our spay/neuter fund. He also led our "Fix A Pet" Live Auction at the event, which raised another $7,875 for our spay/neuter fund! Our spay/neuter expenses last year were approximately $82,500, so to receive half of our needed budget for this year in one night is quite thrilling! (Donate Now and specify "Spay/Neuter Fund" in the memo if you want to help us raise the other half.)
If you were able to attend as a guest or volunteer, please take a few minutes to complete our EVENT SURVEY.
2017 EVENT SPONSORS:
"Top Dog" Presenting Sponsors:
"Golden Retriever" Sponsors:
- Advanced Care Pet Hospital
- Pine Cone Pet Hospital
"Silver Tabby" Sponsors:
- Mix 94.9 FM True Variety
- Kloster Commercial Resources
"Bronze Canary" Sponsors:
- Audio Video Extremes
- Coborn's Liquor
- ePromos Promotional Products
- St. Cloud Ear Nose and Throat
"Friends of Animals" Sponsors:
About A Dog Photography, Arch Angels Wedding Décor, Jim & Denise Beckstrand, Bernick’s, College of St. Benedict, Country Gallery Photography, DeGraaf Financial, Deb & Kevin Durken, Faraway Farms Handcrafted Soap, Schluchter Investment Advisors, Dick & Perian Stavrum, and Ann & Mark Thelen.
Purrs to the following individuals for their support with this event:
- Brad Babcock of Coborn’s Liquor on Cooper Avenue and Rachel Holmstrom of Coborn’s Liquor in St. Joseph, for coordinating the wine and beer tasting.
- Kelly Cordes, for providing live music.
- Chad Zimmerman, for emceeing this event.
- Fairview Gardens, for sponsoring a table.
- Brooke Strassburg, Jamie Skeate and Arch Angels Wedding Décor, for coordinating all of the decorations and table centerpieces.
- Nick Rasmussen, for creating our event slideshow and video presentations.
- Josh Henderson, for taking candid photos at the event. View his pictures here!
- All who contributed silent auction items, raffle items or other event donations. View our full list of 2017 event contributors here!
- All of the wonderful volunteers who helped make this event possible!
Held at the beautiful Gorecki Center at the College of St. Benedict in St. Joseph, Wine, Kibbles & Bids is one of the Society’s biggest and most important fundraisers of the year. As the name suggests, guests enjoy wine and beer tasting (non-alcoholic options are available), a gourmet dinner, and one of the areas largest and greatest silent auctions. Live music is provided by the beautiful and incredibly talented Kelly Cordes, and -- best of all -- you get to interact with some special furry guests!
If you love animals, you won’t want to miss this one-of-a-kind event! Tickets are $75 per person, or you can sponsor a reserved table for ten for $900. 2018 Event Date: TBD
PHOTOS FROM PREVIOUS EVENTS:
- 2017 Event Photos, courtesy of Josh Henderson.
- 2016 Event Photos, courtesy of Amy Wolfe and Pete Pederson.
- 2015 Event Photos, courtesy of Kirk Lamb
- 2014 Event Photos, courtesy of Lisa Crayford with Country Gallery Photography and Kirk Lamb