Looking for a job that truly makes a difference?
Want to work in a compassionate and friendly environment? If you enjoy working with animals and people, this could be the job for you! (If you are a college student, TCHS participates in most local work-study programs and has flexible scheduling.)
Full-time positions have a benefit package including vacation, sick leave, wellness time, personal days, health insurance, and more. But perhaps the biggest benefit is knowing you have made a difference in the lives of many animals and people at the end of your work day.
Must be 18 years or older.
Veterinary Technician - Full-Time Position
Tri-County Humane Society is looking for a skilled certified veterinary technician to join our hardworking, dynamic team. We are seeking a professional for this full-time position who is able to work both independently and collaboratively. Expectations include the ability (and flexibility) to be cross-trained in several animal care departments, including working with our high-volume surgery team and helping process animal intakes. TCHS is a nonprofit animal shelter that has been serving the pets and people of Central Minnesota for more than four decades. If you join our team, you’ll be working with some of the most compassionate, skilled people in animal welfare.
• A veterinary technician degree and/or animal care experience in a clinic or shelter setting including experience with surgery
• Three years (or more) of experience in clinic or shelter is preferred, but we are willing to train applicants who have some animal care experience and otherwise meet the qualifications
• A positive, compassionate outlook on your professional work
• Willingness to take direction and to work well with team members
• Ability to work a weekend or two a month
Compensation is proportionate to experience. Tri-County Humane Society’s benefits package for full-time employees includes: health insurance contribution, Health Savings Account, life insurance, long-term disability, paid vacation, paid sick leave and paid holidays.
Customer Service Associate - Part-Time Position
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Between 25 to 35 hours a week)
PRIMARY DUTIES AND JOB PURPOSE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING
Customer service associate is responsible for providing compassionate care and education to our human clients while taking them through the animal intake and outcome process. They also provide humane care to all animals passing through TCHS.
TASKS & MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Handles customer questions and requests in a professional and compassionate manner.
• Keeps accurate records (i.e., adoption, surrenders, etc.)
• Totals up cash on hand and secure funds at the end of the day.
• Follows directions of the customer service manager and supervisor.
• Completes tasks as assigned by customer service manager and supervisor.
• Stocks merchandise, forms, and packets.
• Keeps the front area clean, organized and equipment cared for.
• Watches for symptoms of sickness, behavior, and adoptability as animals enter the shelter and reports them to animal care staff.
Exposure to unpleasant odors and noises. Exposure to bites, scratches and animal wastes. Possible exposure to contagious diseases. Must be able to work in proximity with animals, have a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential task satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are the essential skills, and/or abilities required.
Must be able to work under the conditions described in “working conditions” above.
Frequently requires handling dogs weighing up to 100 lbs.
Sitting and/or standing for long periods.
May be required to use strength or agility in capturing and restraining stronger, more active animals.
Ability to use cleaning materials and equipment with skill and efficiency.
Learn to administer medications/vaccinations (including giving shots) and recognize abnormal conditions.
Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
Ability to answer phones and make decisions.
Properly navigate computer database and server using a keyboard and mouse.
*This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Shelter Worker - Part-Time Cleaner
· Must be at least 18 years old and comfortable around cats, dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs, etc.
· Must be a thorough cleaner who isn’t afraid of tackling animal messes! The job is physical; cleaners are on their feet most of the time and must be able to lift up to 50 pounds or so.
· Must be able to work quickly but carefully; attention to cleaning detail is a must!
Things to know:
· Cleaning positions are primarily morning hours (8 a.m. to 12 p.m.); you must be available every other weekend.
· Enjoy helping and caring for homeless animals while they await adoption. You will be making a difference!