Create a Facebook Fundraiser!
Collect Companion Walk donations, donations to celebrate an event in your life, or just for fun! It's easy, just follow these steps:
- Log in to Facebook
- On the left side of your page under Explore you will see Fundraiser - you may have to click on "See More"
- Click on Nonprofit
- Search for Tri-County Humane Society
- Give the fundraiser a clear name including your full name and why you are raising money. This is especially important for specific fundraisers like the Companion Walk. For example, "Tyler Anderson's Companion Walk Fundraiser for TCHS".
There's great content at our website for your description, or tell your friends why you are passionate about raising money for TCHS.
- Click Create
- Get started with inviting friends to donate (you have to click the blue invite button for every friend you want invite) and sharing on your page.
Ask for donations via GiveMN.org
Create a fundraising page for TCHS:
GiveMN.org underwent a major overhaul in mid-August, 2018, so it may look different to you if you have been here before! Some options may have changed.
- Start at https://www.givemn.org/organization/Tri-County-Humane-Society-1
- Log in if you already have an account - click the "person" icon in the upper right corner
- If you don't have an account you don't have to create one, but it does make it easier to retain your settings
- Make sure you have selected Tri-County Humane Society - 237449686 - St Cloud - MN as your charity
- Choose a name for your fundraising page and set a goal.
- Share your story, adding pictures if you like, and let people know why you support TCHS and want to help animals in need.
- Share your fundraising page with friends, family and co-workers.
Would You Like to Host a Fundraiser for TCHS? Here's What to Know
We love that you want to help us raise funds for animals in need. Here are the guidelines for what we can
and cannot do to help with your fundraiser.
Here’s what we CAN do for a PERSONAL fundraiser…
* Take a photo at the shelter with the presentation of check and/or goods from your do-it-yourself (DIY) fundraiser.
* Share your DIY fundraiser check presentation photo on our social media (we even have a giant check!).
NOTE: If the donation from your personal fundraiser is guaranteed $1,000 or more we can do these additional things:
* Add your DIY fundraiser to TCHS’s website event calendar.
* One-time promotion of your event on our social media.
Here’s what we CAN do for a BUSINESS fundraiser…
* Provide TCHS’ logo in electronic format for you to promote your business DIY fundraiser.
* Accept your co-host request for DIY business fundraiser events created on your Facebook page.
* Add your business DIY fundraiser to TCHS’s website event calendar.
* Take a photo at the shelter with the presentation of check and/or goods from your business DIY fundraiser (we even have a giant check!).
* Share your business DIY fundraiser check presentation photo on our social media.
Here’s what we CAN’T do for any outside fundraiser …
* Provide any staff or volunteers to plan, organize, or administer your DIY fundraiser.
* Share or market your DIY fundraiser on our social media.
* Create an event on TCHS’s Facebook page.
* Share, market, or send information about your DIY fundraiser to our email list.
* Attend or bring animals from the shelter to your DYI fundraiser event. (Adoptions happen faster if they stay at the shelter!)