Tri-County Humane Society (TCHS) has come a long way since our humble beginnings in 1974. Our 93.44% placement rate in 2017 reﬂects years of hard work and dedication by staff and volunteers, as well as significant financial contributions from supporters through fundraising and donations. The remaining 6.56% for which euthanasia was deemed necessary were not decisions that were taken lightly. Euthanasia is a last resort, only considered when all quality of life is gone and it’s the only humane option left or when a pet poses a legitimate danger to society. Tri-County Humane Society is truly a place you can be proud of.
We are the reﬂection of your care and concern for animals.
At TCHS we serve a much needed and important role in our community helping companion animals find caring people. We love helping make happiness happen – and we’re really, really good at it! Nevertheless, the great work we are doing is becoming more and more difficult. Our old, outdated, patchwork of a facility has reached its limit and is badly in need of being replaced. With your help, we can do better for the animals.
The time has come to build.
We have done a lot of improvising over the years - patching, repurposing and tacking on as best we could, but the time has come to build a new shelter. And we will.
A brand new building on our current land, incorporating the newest ideas and best practices in animal sheltering, will allow our staff and volunteers to do an even better job. This will be a place of greater comfort and help for the animals. It will be a place where we can expand our humane education programs for children. And it will be a new source of pride for the entire community.
We’ve done our homework. This has been “in the works” for several years and now we are ready. Please help us make the animals’ stay and visitors’ experience more positive. Help make a new shelter happen so that we can do even better for them.
This newsletter features a few of the highlights from 2017 that we (we in the collective sense, which includes YOU) were able to accomplish.
In the following pages, you’ll see more amazing statistics and outstanding programs showing how we’ve embraced new models of effectiveness and efficiency in service of both people and
t has truly been another stellar year for TCHS, all made possible by the generosity of people like you who care about animals!
Thank you, on behalf of the animals -
Vicki Davis, CAWA
Message from the Executive Director
TCHS in the News!
Our team works with the news media and digital partners to raise awareness of companion animal care and humane education. If you are a member of the media and wish to discuss this with us, please call 320-252-0896 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.