Grass hay is an important part of a rabbit's diet and should always be available. It is good to give a variety of grass hay, as each type of hay provides a slightly different texture and fiber content.
- Alfalfa Hay - Only give to pregnant, nursing, or young rabbits under 6 months of age. Alfalfa hay is too rich for adult rabbits, and in excess can lead to health problems.
- Botanical Hay - This hay has a great variety of grass and dry flowers, which offers different flavors for rabbits to enjoy.
- Oat Hay - This is a good hay to throw in some variety as it is thicker and harder and helps keep teeth ground down a little.
- Orchard Grass - This hay has a softer texture, which is nice for bedding as well as food.
- Timothy Hay -This grass hay is the most common hay available for rabbits.