The Tri-County Humane Society (TCHS) operates an independent nonprofit animal shelter in St. Cloud, MN. The Society has been providing quality services to the people and animals of Central Minnesota since 1974.
Some of our services include care for homeless animals, pet adoption, pet lost and found, and humane education. We also provide knowledgeable answers to questions regarding pet care, behavior, and many other animal related issues.
We believe in the human-animal bond and exist to support Central MN by practicing and promoting quality adoption services and education programs.
The base of operations of the Tri-County Humane Society is our shelter. It is there that we give temporary care to animals who for various reasons are homeless.
- A clean, cheerful, healthy, and inviting atmosphere for both animals and people.
- Our professional and compassionate staff who provide daily care for the animals at the shelter and insure a successful adoption program.
- Our volunteers who, in assisting the staff in daily animal care, willingly take on both pleasant and unpleasant tasks.
Through our educational programs, we teach humane and well-informed animal care.
We strive to:
- Inform people of the problem of pet overpopulation and the multiple benefits of spaying and neutering their pets.
- Help pet owners to understand total animal care, including how to meet their pet's nutritional, behavioral, and social need.
- Emphasize a sense of responsibility and the realization that pet ownership involves a lifelong commitment.
- Create an awareness of our mission in the community at large.
The Tri-County Humane Society recognizes its membership in and obligations to the surrounding community.
We strive to:
- Provide professional and helpful information regarding a variety of animal concerns.
- Respond to alleged cruelty and neglect reports with appropriate referrals.
- Reach out into the community through staff and volunteer involvement programs and activities.
- Provide humane and appropriate care for impounded animals.
The Tri-County Humane Society has received the seal of approval from the Charities Review Council.
The Charities Review Council is an independent resource for people who make contributions to support charities. The Council reviews charities through its Accountability Wizard. Results of these reviews help the public determine the trustworthiness of a charity before giving.
We are proud to announce that the leading charity evaluator, Charity Navigator, has given us a 3-star rating.
Society of Animal Welfare Administrators (SAWA)
The SAWA is a non-profit individual membership organization of professionals in animal welfare, care and control, dedicated to the growth and prestige of our industry.
SAWA strives to advocate humane ideals through professional advancement of members. Animal welfare leaders network with peers, establish mentor relationships, share best practices, form successful collaborations, and advance the field.
SAWA members benefit from targeted education and professional certification. SAWA Certified Animal Welfare Administrators (CAWA) possess well rounded experience and unique animal welfare knowledge to support agency missions and long term growth. SAWA members collaborate to rescue, shelter, rehabilitate and find good homes for animals.